Micromat has released TechTool Pro 6.0.5 with compatibility for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (including Gatekeeper-approved code signing). The update also adds detection of USB 3.0 connection speeds for the USB gauge, updates both creation and removal routines in the eDrive tool, adds a verification check to the Volume Optimization tool, and improves File Sync Cloning in the Volume Cloning tool. The new version squashes a Video Memory bug that caused a crash under Mountain Lion, fixes a memory leak in the Video tool, and addresses Volume Rebuild issues where volumes wouldn’t unmount or would skip to rechecking structures. Finally, the release updates French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese (Simplified) localizations. ($99.99 new, free update, 54.8 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
TechTool Pro 6.0.5
Scan contracts, invoices, or receipts as PDFs with your iOS device.
Use OCR to make that scanned image into a searchable PDF with text
you can copy! Get it on the App Store: <http://smle.us/tbscanplus>
What is out there that does test the motherboad and cache memory?