Ergonis has released KeyCue 6.3, which adds compatibility with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion to the keyboard shortcut utility and ensures that KeyCue’s new technique for adding the app to the Login Items list now works with the big cat. The update also fixes an issue that caused group titles to appear white on white while editing custom shortcuts, improves the Start at Login setting when KeyCue has been renamed, and plays the Installer’s completion sound through the “sound effects” channel while respecting the volume level set in System Preferences. (€19.99 new with a 25-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 2.2 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software