RedleX has released Mellel 3.0.2, a maintenance release brimming with fixes for the word processing app. Highlights include fixes for an issue that caused the app to freeze occasionally when entering the version browser, a problem that caused some characters to appear doubled in the final citation after a bibliography scan, an issue that caused the document view to stick to the left when moving the window from screen to screen, and a problem that caused the Spotlight importer to malfunction under OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. The release also groups palettes in a single “heap” when viewing on smaller screens (such as the 11-inch MacBook Air) and updates the application icon. ($39 new, free update, 34.9 MB, release notes)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software