Karelia has released Sandvox 2.6.7, a maintenance release that squashes a number of bugs in the Web publishing tool. Highlights include a fix for a crash that was occurring during publishing, resolution to several issues with link handling, a correction for a problem where files would be repeatedly re-uploaded for some host configurations, and a fix for an issue where typing would slow down over time. Additionally, the release now enables you to place multiple Twitter objects on a page. ($79.99 new from Karelia or the Mac App Store, free update, 29.6 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.