On the heels of the major release of BusyCal 2 (see “BusyCal 2 and Free Ebook about Calendar Syncing and Sharing,” 26 October 2012), BusyMac has now released BusyCal 2.0.1, adding its own alarm window as an alternative to Notification Center alarms, and adding the HH:MM time format to the Appearance preferences. Otherwise, the new version of the competitor to Apple’s Calendar offers a laundry list of bug fixes related to full screen mode, the BusyCal Menu utility, entering times in 24-hour format, meeting invitations, custom date ranges, time zones, repeating To Dos, and more. A number of crashing bugs have also been eliminated. ($49.99 new, but currently selling for $29.99 solely via the Mac App Store, free update, 8.3 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>