Ergonis Software has brought a sprinkling of new features to the font discovery utility PopChar X 6.1, including a new Font Info view that displays details such as version number, supported language, number of characters and glyphs, copyright, info about the designer, and more. The update also provides custom tuning for more than 600 fonts (including the BeLight Font Kit and some foreign language fonts), which also includes tuning to fix the vertical positioning of certain non-standard fonts. Additionally, PopChar X now remembers selected fonts after quitting or relaunching, and it initiates background version checks only when your Mac has been idle for some time. (€29.99 new, free update, €14.99 upgrade from version 5.x or earlier, 3.2 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software