Rogue Amoeba has released Airfoil 4.7.5, which restricts searches to your local network to prevent possible issues with Back to My Mac and iCloud. The update also fixes an issue with failing to open a DVD in Airfoil Video Player, prevents a crash if the Transmit button gets pressed exactly as an output disappears, and provides some small improvements for Retina displays (a full Retina display update is yet to come). ($25 new with a 20-percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 10.6 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.