Karelia has released Sandvox 2.7.4 with improved performance while saving files (especially for people running Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard), editing, and dragging media into the Web authoring tool. The update also adds local publishing setup compatibility to OS X 10.7.2 and earlier, ignores image filename extensions when dragged from the Finder, fixes a problem where an exported site’s resources could be placed in the wrong location, and resolves an issue where Sandvox would forget what it had published when dealing with host setups whose folder begins with two or more slashes. ($79.99 new from Karelia or the Mac App Store, free update, 31.2 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.