Updated to version 5.0.5, Evernote for Mac now enables you to sync shortcuts across multiple Macs (other platforms will get the shortcuts feature in future updates). Other new features in the information management service’s software include the capability to focus searches so they exclude shared notes, the use of AppleScript to create checkboxes in the ENML markup language, and the capability to select multiple tags in the sidebar by Command-clicking. The update also improves sync performance for large accounts, prints PDFs more reliably, improves Korean image indexing, fixes sidebar visual glitches in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, and improves handling of tags in AppleScript. Free from the Mac App Store, 29.1 MB)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree