Ambrosia has released Snapz Pro X 2.5.2 to fix an issue with accurately capturing the precise pixels of a selection and bring back support for several styles of image borders (which was excised in version 2.5). The update also improves the reliability of movie encoding, improves compatibility with both OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and Retina displays, and adds Chinese and Russian localizations. ($69 new, free update, 15.8 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software