While not chock full of changes, Panic’s update to version 4.4 of its Transmit file transfer program adds welcome improved support for Amazon S3-compatible servers via an editable Server field, which can now be modified for non-Amazon S3-compatible servers. The release also fixes a bug that prevented connections to some SharePoint servers via WebDAV. ($34 new from Panic and the Mac App Store, free update, 29.4 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard