Apple sent email to developers announcing that its developer services are now fully restored after a nearly month-long outage. To help make up for the inconvenience, Apple is extending all developer subscriptions by one month. Apple took the Developer Center offline shortly after security researcher Ibrahim Balic publicly revealed a method of obtaining personal information about subscribers (see “Researcher May Have Caused Apple Developer Center Shutdown,” 22 July 2013), although the company has not publicly confirmed that the two events were related. In the interim, Apple released a status page so that developers can check which systems are online (see “Apple Deploys Developer Center System Status Page,” 25 July 2013).
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 1186.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Save 50% in Take Control’s Back to School Sale
- Apple Taking Back Third-Party USB Power Adapters
- Chapter 8 of “Take Control of Your Digital Photos” Available
- DoJ Proposed Remedies in Ebook Price-Fixing Suit Miss the Point
- Newton: The Greatest Flop of All Time
- FunBITS: The World of Audiobus and iPad Music Apps
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 12 August 2013
- ExtraBITS for 12 August 2013
Apple Developer Services Now Back Online
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>
They took my money on Saturday and I still can't download Mavericks!
An avalanche of NO HELP over the weekend just a series of emails telling me to wait 24hrs for ANOTHER b***** email.
I've now had the "activation" email and it doesn't work!!!!
This pantomime makes the legendary Microsoft Help Desk look efficient:((((