Nisus Software has released Nisus Writer Pro 2.0.6 and Nisus Writer Express 3.4.5 with a number of minor improvements and fixes to both editions of the word processing app. The updates now enable you to override list styles to set a starting list number for a single paragraph, improve stability with fixes for a variety of crashes (such as importing or pasting content with nested tables), and make several enhancements to palette stepper behavior. The Pro edition also fixes an issue with failed imports of documents with floating content, and speeds up the rebuilding of generated indexes and the opening of documents with many tables in Draft View. Note that as of this writing neither Nisus Writer Pro or Express have been updated in the Mac App Store, but the Nisus blog hopes the wait won’t be too long. (Nisus Writer Pro: $79 new, free update, 179 MB, release notes. Nisus Writer Express: $45 new, free update, 51.1 MB, release notes.)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree