Apple has released iTunes 11.1.2 with support for the just-released OS X 10.9 Mavericks (see “Apple Releases OS X 10.9 Mavericks for Free,” 22 October 2013). The new version also offers improved performance and stability while also adding Arabic and Hebrew language support. It’s available as a direct download from Apple’s iTunes Web page or via Software Update. (Free, 221 MB)
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>
Didn't notice a comment about this recent iTunes change - removal of Wifi & local sync of contacts & calendar data between desktop and iEverything Else (iphone, ipads, ipods, etc). After updating iTunes to 11.1.2 it seems local sync disappeared for Mac users (still apparently there for Windows versions).
Lots of chatter on the boards - why is Apple so adamant about getting all your contact data and calendar data onto their servers.