C-Command Software has released SpamSieve 2.9.10 with added compatibility for what became the final release of OS X 10.9 Mavericks. As with the previous update (see “SpamSieve 2.9.9,” 9 October 2013), C-Command recommends that you update to SpamSieve 2.9.10 before installing Mavericks, but if OS X 10.9 is already installed then you should choose SpamSieve > Install Apple Mail Plug-In. The new version also updates various parts of the manual. ($30 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 10.8 MB, release notes)
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 28 October 2013 (28 Oct 13)
- SpamSieve 2.9.9 (09 Oct 13)
to your own drives, computers, and online with unlimited storage.
With unlimited online backup, this is one resolution you can keep.
Save 10% and back up your life today! <http://tid.bl.it/cptidbits>