C-Command Software has released SpamSieve 2.9.10 with added compatibility for what became the final release of OS X 10.9 Mavericks. As with the previous update (see “SpamSieve 2.9.9,” 9 October 2013), C-Command recommends that you update to SpamSieve 2.9.10 before installing Mavericks, but if OS X 10.9 is already installed then you should choose SpamSieve > Install Apple Mail Plug-In. The new version also updates various parts of the manual. ($30 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 10.8 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 28 October 2013 (28 Oct 13)
- SpamSieve 2.9.9 (09 Oct 13)