Stairways Software has released Keyboard Maestro 6.3 with nearly 50 small enhancements and fixes in the automation utility. The update adds a delay before and after dragging in the drag mouse action, adds a number of Typed String trigger options, promises vast improvement in the performance of actions that write named clipboard entries, allows more use of shortcut letters in switchers with non-English keyboards, utilizes a “more modern method” of hardware key simulation to resolve issues with the Volume Control action, and adds support for displaying time saved in days, months, or years. A newly discovered bug can result in Keyboard Maestro-mediated clipboard text being messed up in some applications; look for 6.3.1 to appear shortly. ($36 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 24.1 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Keyboard Maestro 6.3
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>