Rogue Amoeba has updated Airfoil audio transmission utility to version 4.8.2 with initial compatibility with OS X 10.9 Mavericks, though Mavericks compatibility for the Airfoil Video Player is still in progress. (A Rogue Amoeba blog post offers more details on Airfoil Video Player compatibility.) The audio capture engine has also been overhauled to support Mavericks, and Rogue Amoeba warns that some audio capture sources may behave differently. (If you experience problems, you can submit feedback with this handy support form.) The release also updates the Instant On component to version 7.1 to improve System Audio capture and audio capture from Safari, supports enhanced metadata and remote control of Vemedio’s Instacast for Mac as well as iTunes Radio, ensures that Airfoil and App Nap play nicely with one another, and fixes an issue with the Airfoil menu bar icon not appearing at launch on Mavericks. ($25 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 14.5 MB, release notes)
Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 6 January 2014 (06 Jan 14)
- Audio Hijack Pro 2.10.9 (04 Jan 14)
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 9 December 2013 (09 Dec 13)
- Piezo 1.2.3 (01 Dec 13)