Retrospect Inc. has released Retrospect 11.0.1 with a number of bug fixes for the backup software. The update fixes a couple of restoration issues related to the new block-level incremental backup option introduced in version 11 (see “Retrospect 11,” 6 March 2014). Other fixes include a patched memory leak when grooming older backups, mending of the Past Backups view to ensure it displays retrieved backups while not showing removed backups, and an overhaul of Dashboard Information for the Japanese localization on OS X 10.9 Mavericks to ensure accuracy. ($119–$2,199 new, $69–$1,299 upgrades, 362 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Retrospect 11 (06 Mar 14)