Microsoft has released Skype 6.15, which fixes two instances of crashes (one at launch and one when quitting) that were identified thanks to users in Skype’s Community Forums. The update also fixes a bug that prevented per-conversation notification settings from sticking and an issue with animated emoticons using too many CPU cycles. Finally, the release also eliminates crashes when screen sharing on a MacBook Pro (with the associated recommendation that MacBook Pro users also update to OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks). (Free, 41.5 MB, release notes)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.