Microsoft has released Skype 6.15, which fixes two instances of crashes (one at launch and one when quitting) that were identified thanks to users in Skype’s Community Forums. The update also fixes a bug that prevented per-conversation notification settings from sticking and an issue with animated emoticons using too many CPU cycles. Finally, the release also eliminates crashes when screen sharing on a MacBook Pro (with the associated recommendation that MacBook Pro users also update to OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks). (Free, 41.5 MB, release notes)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard