Microsoft has updated Office 2011 to version 14.4.1 with several improvements, most notably a fix for a security flaw that could allow remote code execution. Office 2011 14.4.1 also improves how Outlook handles synchronization of blocked senders and folder hierarchies, recovering from server errors, managing responses for meetings, creating Microsoft Lync meetings, and sending encrypted email messages. Additionally, the update fixes an issue that caused the mouse pointer to disappear in Word and increases Excel’s data validation control capabilities from 1,024 to 2,048 entries. (Free update via the Office for Mac Web site or through Microsoft AutoUpdate, 113 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Microsoft Office 2011 14.4.1
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and