The Omni Group has released OmniOutliner 4.0.5, a small maintenance release that nonetheless eases some frustration with the previous version by fixing its most frequently reported crash (which would occur randomly with any simple action). The outline and information organization app also fixes its Outline view so that rows not in the focused view are visible when switching sections, ensures that hyperlinks aren’t lost after making an edit to a row, and removes the selected state in the sidebar when you change focus. For our review, see “OmniOutliner 4 Refines the Outlining Process” (31 January 2014) ($49.99 new, free update, 45 MB, release notes, 10.9+)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard