The Omni Group has released OmniOutliner 4.0.5, a small maintenance release that nonetheless eases some frustration with the previous version by fixing its most frequently reported crash (which would occur randomly with any simple action). The outline and information organization app also fixes its Outline view so that rows not in the focused view are visible when switching sections, ensures that hyperlinks aren’t lost after making an edit to a row, and removes the selected state in the sidebar when you change focus. For our review, see “OmniOutliner 4 Refines the Outlining Process” (31 January 2014) ($49.99 new, free update, 45 MB, release notes, 10.9+)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software