DEVONtechnologies has updated all three versions of DEVONthink (Personal, Pro, and Pro Office) and DEVONnote to version 2.7.5, with added support for MultiMarkdown syntax. All three editions of DEVONthink and DEVONnote receive improved tagging capabilities, with tags from OS X 10.9 Mavericks receiving higher priority than OpenMeta tags. DEVONthink also improves the restoration of workspaces and window handling after restoring a backup, speeds up indexing of HTML pages, fixes an issue with searching in found PDF documents, and improves the German localization. DEVONthink Pro and Pro Office now display the progress of loading multiple databases at startup and add support for RSS feeds containing HTML code in the author field. DEVONthink Pro Office’s mobile Web interface now displays Markdown files, and dragging multiple messages from Apple Mail now retains the received/sent dates and the unread status. (All updates are free. DEVONthink Pro Office, $149.95 new, release notes; DEVONthink Professional, $79.95 new, release notes; DEVONthink Personal, $49.95 new, release notes; DEVONnote, $24.95 new, release notes; 25 percent discount for TidBITS members on DEVONnote and all editions of DEVONthink. 10.6.8+)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.7.5
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Put your company and products in front of tens of thousands of
savvy, committed Apple users who actually buy stuff.
More information: <http://tidbits.com/advertising.html>