There are lots of word processors out there — Apple’s Pages comes with every new Mac and Microsoft Word has been the professional standard for years. But when it comes to writing one of his many books, Joe Kissell prefers Nisus Writer Pro — so much so that he switched to the Mac in 1991 to use it. In this Macworld piece, Joe explains what makes Nisus Writer so great. follow link
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Sleep (and Lock) Your Screen
When you are walking away from your computer, it's fairly common practice to start your screen saver and lock your screen. But did you know that there is a built-in keyboard shortcut in Mac OS X to sleep the screen?
Press Control-Shift-Eject and your monitor sleeps without engaging the screen saver.
Joe Kissell on Why He Loves Nisus Writer