Telestream has released ScreenFlow 4.5.1, a maintenance release that doesn’t scrimp on the fixes. The screencast recording app improves audio waveform rendering, fixes a problem with optimizing very large MPEG-4 files, ensures layers in the timeline are consistent, fixes a bug with signing into Facebook after signing into Dropbox, squashes another Dropbox bug related to uploading files with spaces in the filename, and fixes an issue with previewing when using multiple monitors. For a complete rundown of the new features, read the PDF release notes from Telestream’s support page. Note that as of this writing, the Mac App Store version of ScreenFlow remains at version 4.5. ($99 new from the Telestream Web site or $99.99 from the Mac App Store, 39.1 MB, 10.7+)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- ScreenFlow 4.5.2 (03 Jul 14)
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>