Telestream has released ScreenFlow 4.5.2, which squashes a bug introduced in the previous maintenance release (see “ScreenFlow 4.5.1,” 28 May 2014) that prevented default export filenames from matching document names. The screencast recording app fixes a hang that occurred when opening documents with a high zoom factor, improves performance when opening documents with zoomed up timelines and many clips with audio waveforms, and fixes a memory leak related to modifying the speed of a clip with an audio waveform. For a complete rundown of the new features, read the PDF release notes from Telestream’s support page. Note that as of this writing, the Mac App Store version of ScreenFlow remains at version 4.5. ($99 new from the Telestream Web site or $99.99 from the Mac App Store, 39.1 MB, 10.7+)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- ScreenFlow 4.5.1 (28 May 14)