Objective Development has released LaunchBar 6.0.2 with a smattering of new features, improvements, and fixes. The keyboard-based launcher and shortcut utility adds support for Safari history indexing for the upcoming OS X Yosemite, enables you to use Option-Escape to end sub-searching without closing the item list, and adds Encode to Base64 and Decode as Base64 string transformation actions. It also adds support for using rebeccapurple with the Enter Color action in honor of Rebecca Meyer, daughter of author Eric Meyer. The update now displays additional mixed-case conversion suggestions during Enter/Edit Text, improves uppercase/lowercase case conversion titles, automatically sorts the ~/Downloads folder by Date Added, ensures the default Desktop indexing rule didn’t index any subfolders, and fixes Random Order playback for albums. ($29 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 10 MB, release notes, 10.9+)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
with our easy-to-use small ScanSnap Scanner line. Eliminate
paper piles by scanning documents, business cards, and receipts.
Visit us at: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>