Smile has released TextExpander 4.3.2, a small maintenance release that fixes a frustratingly long delay in snippet expansion as well as a frequent failure in saving changes made to fill-in fields. The update also fixes a crash that occurred while searching for snippets, completely clears the search mode when creating new snippets, and provides correct VoiceOver descriptions of items in the snippet and group list. ($34.95 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 9.8 MB, release notes, 10.7+)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
Swap out Apple Maps for our open source SDK in just a few steps.
Choose a map design that suits your app and wows your users.
Start developing today for free! <https://www.mapbox.com/mobile/>