Microsoft has released Skype 6.19, which adds support for using VoiceOver to select recent searches from the Add Contacts search field. The update also fixes several reported crashes that occurred when sending and receiving files, fixes a crash that occurred when waking from sleep, and ensures that older Mac desktop machines successfully return search results when searching for messages. (Free, 41.9 MB, release notes)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Sean Peisert, Ronald Jenkins, Sylvia Elliott, and
Federico J Muniz for their generous support!