Smile has released version 6.3.1 of PDFpen and PDFpenPro, a small maintenance release to the company’s all-purpose PDF editing apps that fixes the frustration of a few bugs. The update works around a performance issue caused by a bug in OS X 10.9 Mavericks, fixes a crash that occurred when hot-plugging a scanner, avoids potential crashes with the scanning window, and improves the appearance of the editing bar when running the OS X Yosemite developer preview. ($59.95/$99.95 new with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free updates, 52.0/52.8 MB, release notes, 10.7+)
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
PDFpen and PDFpenPro 6.3.1
Check out the Take Control ebooks that expand on the topic in this article:
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>