The Omni Group has released OmniFocus 2.0.2 with several fixes and a change to the initial setup of the Getting Things Done-inspired task management utility (see “OmniFocus 2 for Mac Brings a Fresh Look to GTD,” 22 May 2014). The update fixes a bug that caused the clipping service to fail silently if invoked when OmniFocus wasn’t running, fixes an issue that prevented stale clients from being pruned (and thus preventing database compaction), and fixes a hang that occurred during low system memory conditions. When setting up OmniFocus for the first time, the app now offers to import an existing OmniFocus 1 database or create a new empty database if you choose a cloud location that doesn’t already contain an OmniFocus database. ($39.99 new for Standard edition and $79.99 for Pro edition from The Omni Group Web site, $39.99 for Standard edition from Mac App Store (with in-app purchase option to upgrade to Pro), free update for version 2.0 licenses, 44.2 MB, release notes, 10.9.2+)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.