RedleX has released Mellel 3.3.6, a small maintenance update for the word processing app. The release puts a halt to the appearance of the “mysterious” systemParStyle paragraph style that appeared in the paragraph style list after setting the style to a paragraph containing a citation or hyperlink. It also adds support for Traditional Chinese DOS encoding (fixing a problem that garbled styled Chinese text when pasting from Scrivener), and fixes a couple of bugs that caused crashes: one when editing and saving documents that contained empty citations and hyperlinks, and another when editing around inlines that contained tracked changes. ($39 new from RedleX and the Mac App Store, free update, 101 MB, release notes, 10.6+)
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software