Lemkesoft has released GraphicConverter 9.3 with several newly added features. The venerable graphic conversion and editing utility now has support for recording mouse clicks, exporting keyword palette entries as a text file, applying a browser extension filter to folders, and exporting a lossy PNG file. Other additions include the Lens Correction, Gradient Intensity, and Edges effects. GraphicConverter 9.3 also improves the speed of the browser, adds alpha channel support to multicrop, improves the Save for Web dialog, ensures the browser info pane remembers the last selected tab, and fixes several instances of possible crashes. Note that the Mac App Store edition is still stuck on version 9.2.1 as of this writing. ($39.95 new, free update, 239 MB, release notes, 10.7+)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.