Apple has released Safari 7.0.6 for users of OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Safari 6.1.6 for users of 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion. Both updates improve memory handling to fix multiple WebKit memory corruption issues that could lead to unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution if visiting a maliciously crafted Web site. (Seven Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures IDs, or CVE-IDs, are listed in the security note.) The two releases are available only through Software Update. (Free, 10.9+/10.7–10.8)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard