Rogue Amoeba has released Fission 2.2.2, a small maintenance release for the audio editor that fixes a rare crash (caused by closing a window) and a regression of Apple Lossless transcoding. The update also adds a hidden preference to disable the limit on Smart Splits, improves logging in the Saving pipeline (with more detailed optional error reporting available), and is more forgiving when importing slightly malformed FLAC files. Additionally, the Mac App Store version addresses several changes that Apple made to its Gatekeeper system. ($32 new from Rogue Amoeba with a 20 percent discount for TidBITS members, free update, 14.5 MB, release notes, 10.7+)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.