Apple has released Final Cut Pro X 10.1.3, which improves the reliability of burning a Blu-ray disc or creating a Blu-ray disk image. (Apple also released Compressor 4.1.3 and Motion 5.1.2, with each receiving this sole change.) Final Cut Pro X now also retains color corrections pasted between clips when sharing, correctly imports XML round-trips when using gap clips, retains effects applied to clips in the Browser in prior versions of the app, improves reliability of automatic library backups, and improves stability when skimming large files in the Browser. ($299.99 new, free update, 2.28 GB, release notes, 10.9.2+)
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard