Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.0 Released -- Now Software has released Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.0, the latest version of the company's long-standing multi-user calendar and contact management software. New features include a Schedule View for seeing multiple people's schedules simultaneously, a single interface to manage multiple calendar and contact servers, the capability to subscribe to iCal calendars, vCard and iCalendar support, a redesigned interface for a more modern look and improved ease-of-use, and customizable toolbars. The update also provides compatibility with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, and Now Software plans a free update for later in the year to add support for Tiger-specific features like Dashboard, Spotlight, and most importantly, SyncServices, enabling Now Up-to-Date & Contact to share data with any other SyncServices-aware application or device. (Roughly speaking, SyncServices is the system-level version of iSync that promises to provide more generalized synchronization capabilities.) And last, but certainly not least, Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.0 will feature a new Take Control user manual written by Joe Kissell; it should be available in the relatively near future. The upgrade to Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.0 from version 4.x costs $50, and there's a 30-day free trial version available as a 13.9 MB download. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
Published in TidBITS 785.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Free Macworld Boston 2005 Passes
- Eudora 6.2.3 Fixes IMAP Bug
- How to Change Screen Capture Formats
- Call for TidBITS Translators!
- DealBITS Drawing: Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro
- A TV Watching Monster
- You Type, It Typinates
- A Canary in the Network
- Trying My Hand at Poker: iPoker
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Jun-05
Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.0 Released
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and