Around our dinner table, the tools, economics, standards, and future of publishing are topics of daily discussion. If you share our interest, I'd encourage you to join us at the upcoming O'Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing conference. It runs from 18-Jun-07 through 20-Jun-07 in San Jose, California. The first day offers sets of half-day tutorials, and the next two days are chock full of 45-minute sessions. We're glad that we're both going, since we can split up and see twice as much; it would be frustrating to miss some of these sessions. I'll be talking about collaborative writing tools with a specific look at the lessons we've learned over many years of group publishing along with some thoughts about where tools need to evolve to keep up with the fast-paced world of publishing. Tonya will be participating on a panel on the pros and cons of selling in-progress books. If you do want to go, use coupon code "toc07scd" to save 25 percent on the cost of admission.
MacSpeech Dictate Profiles
Looking to improve recognition accuracy in MacSpeech Dictate? When recording, consider that ambient noise levels vary between locations. By creating a tailored profile for each location in which you record with MacSpeech Dictate, you can be assured of receiving optimum speech recognition accuracy.
Visit MacSpeech Dictate
Published in TidBITS 883.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- TidBITS Staffers Honored in 2007 MacTech 25
- DealBITS: Win a Tom Bihn Laptop Briefcase, Case, and Strap
- DealBITS Winners: BeLight Software's Live Interior 3D
- Apple iPhone Won't Be Barred Under Ruling
- Apple Improves MacBook Pro
- And Today's Surprise Guest Is... GoLive 9
- Typinator Turns Two
- NetNewsWire 3.0 Speeds Up, Adds Integration
- LogMeIn Adds Remote Control for Mac
- A Trio of Windows-on-Mac Announcements
- Leopard Roars at WWDC 2007 Keynote
- Take Control News/11-Jun-07
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/11-Jun-07