Apple recently updated the iPhone and two iLife '08 applications, fixing mostly unspecified bugs. iPhone 1.0.2 offers no details as to what's changed other than "bug fixes" and, like all iPhone updates, is available only through iTunes. iMovie 7.0.1, available both via Software Update and as a standalone download, not only offers unknown fixes, but also solves an issue with publishing movies to .Mac Web galleries; the updater is a 9 MB download. Speaking of publishing Web sites, iWeb 2.0.1 (a 12 MB download) tackles problems when upgrading and publishing sites created using iWeb 1.x.
Editing iCal Events in Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard makes looking at event details in iCal easier. In the Leopard version of iCal, you had to double-click an event to reveal only some information in a pop-up box; you then needed to click the Edit button (or press Command-E) to edit an item's information. In Snow Leopard, choose Edit > Show Inspector (or press Command-Option-I) to bring up a floating inspector that provides an editable view of any items selected in your calendar.
Published in TidBITS 894.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No Issue on 03-Sep-07
- AT&T Simplifies iPhone Bills
- Erlang Nearly at Drinking Age
- Office 2004 11.3.7 Blocks Malicious Memories
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Nisus Writer Pro
- Tools We Use: Teleport
- UPS, I Did It Again: Bits Versus Atoms
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Enhances Typinator
- Sidejack Attack Jimmies Open Gmail, Other Services
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Aug-07