Apple recently updated the iPhone and two iLife '08 applications, fixing mostly unspecified bugs. iPhone 1.0.2 offers no details as to what's changed other than "bug fixes" and, like all iPhone updates, is available only through iTunes. iMovie 7.0.1, available both via Software Update and as a standalone download, not only offers unknown fixes, but also solves an issue with publishing movies to .Mac Web galleries; the updater is a 9 MB download. Speaking of publishing Web sites, iWeb 2.0.1 (a 12 MB download) tackles problems when upgrading and publishing sites created using iWeb 1.x.
Edit Remote Files in Your Favorite Utility with Fetch
If you use the Fetch FTP client and want to, for instance, edit remote .html files with one application but .css files with another, you can set this up easily: In Fetch, select a .html file and click the Get Info button on the toolbar. In the Get Info window, in the Transfer Option section, choose your desired program from the "Edit files like this with" pop-up menu. Repeat the procedure for a .css file, and you're ready to go!
Visit Fetch Softworks
Published in TidBITS 894.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No Issue on 03-Sep-07
- AT&T Simplifies iPhone Bills
- Erlang Nearly at Drinking Age
- Office 2004 11.3.7 Blocks Malicious Memories
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Nisus Writer Pro
- Tools We Use: Teleport
- UPS, I Did It Again: Bits Versus Atoms
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Enhances Typinator
- Sidejack Attack Jimmies Open Gmail, Other Services
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Aug-07