Apple recently updated the iPhone and two iLife '08 applications, fixing mostly unspecified bugs. iPhone 1.0.2 offers no details as to what's changed other than "bug fixes" and, like all iPhone updates, is available only through iTunes. iMovie 7.0.1, available both via Software Update and as a standalone download, not only offers unknown fixes, but also solves an issue with publishing movies to .Mac Web galleries; the updater is a 9 MB download. Speaking of publishing Web sites, iWeb 2.0.1 (a 12 MB download) tackles problems when upgrading and publishing sites created using iWeb 1.x.
How Loud Are Your Mac's Fans?
When they get hot, Macs turn on various internal fans to keep components cool. The noise can be annoying, but just how loud is it? If you have an iOS device with a built-in microphone, you can download one of many free sound meter apps (search on
decibel in the App Store) and see if you're subjecting your ears to a truly unreasonable noise level.
Published in TidBITS 894.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No Issue on 03-Sep-07
- AT&T Simplifies iPhone Bills
- Erlang Nearly at Drinking Age
- Office 2004 11.3.7 Blocks Malicious Memories
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Nisus Writer Pro
- Tools We Use: Teleport
- UPS, I Did It Again: Bits Versus Atoms
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Enhances Typinator
- Sidejack Attack Jimmies Open Gmail, Other Services
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Aug-07