Apple recently updated the iPhone and two iLife '08 applications, fixing mostly unspecified bugs. iPhone 1.0.2 offers no details as to what's changed other than "bug fixes" and, like all iPhone updates, is available only through iTunes. iMovie 7.0.1, available both via Software Update and as a standalone download, not only offers unknown fixes, but also solves an issue with publishing movies to .Mac Web galleries; the updater is a 9 MB download. Speaking of publishing Web sites, iWeb 2.0.1 (a 12 MB download) tackles problems when upgrading and publishing sites created using iWeb 1.x.
MacSpeech Dictate Profiles
Looking to improve recognition accuracy in MacSpeech Dictate? When recording, consider that ambient noise levels vary between locations. By creating a tailored profile for each location in which you record with MacSpeech Dictate, you can be assured of receiving optimum speech recognition accuracy.
Visit MacSpeech Dictate
Published in TidBITS 894.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No Issue on 03-Sep-07
- AT&T Simplifies iPhone Bills
- Erlang Nearly at Drinking Age
- Office 2004 11.3.7 Blocks Malicious Memories
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Nisus Writer Pro
- Tools We Use: Teleport
- UPS, I Did It Again: Bits Versus Atoms
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Enhances Typinator
- Sidejack Attack Jimmies Open Gmail, Other Services
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Aug-07
iPhone, iLife '08 Receive Bug-Fix Updates
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and