Apple recently updated the iPhone and two iLife '08 applications, fixing mostly unspecified bugs. iPhone 1.0.2 offers no details as to what's changed other than "bug fixes" and, like all iPhone updates, is available only through iTunes. iMovie 7.0.1, available both via Software Update and as a standalone download, not only offers unknown fixes, but also solves an issue with publishing movies to .Mac Web galleries; the updater is a 9 MB download. Speaking of publishing Web sites, iWeb 2.0.1 (a 12 MB download) tackles problems when upgrading and publishing sites created using iWeb 1.x.
Open URLs Quickly from BBEdit
If you're working on a bit of text (HTML or otherwise) in BBEdit, and you see a URL that you'd like to open, the fastest way is to Command-click it. Most BBEdit users probably already know this tip, but if you don't, it's a huge time-saver. (The same trick works in BBEdit's free little brother, TextWrangler.)
Published in TidBITS 894.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- No Issue on 03-Sep-07
- AT&T Simplifies iPhone Bills
- Erlang Nearly at Drinking Age
- Office 2004 11.3.7 Blocks Malicious Memories
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of Nisus Writer Pro
- Tools We Use: Teleport
- UPS, I Did It Again: Bits Versus Atoms
- TidBITS AutoCorrect Dictionary Enhances Typinator
- Sidejack Attack Jimmies Open Gmail, Other Services
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/27-Aug-07
iPhone, iLife '08 Receive Bug-Fix Updates
Automatic’s connected car adapter with iPhone apps on
Automatic’s platform, drivers are able to drive safer and smarter.
TidBITS readers get 20% off all orders at <http://automatic.com/tb>