Frank Cioffi's MWV News Portals has raised the curtain on another news headline aggregation site, called Apple Enthusiast. Following in the footsteps of the company's Apple Investor News, Apple Enthusiast scours the RSS feeds of numerous Macintosh publications and sites, including TidBITS, to present headlines and links to original articles. What sets Apple Enthusiast apart from other aggregation sites is that it performs content analysis on articles and sorts them into categories, separating out Mac news from iPhone news, and homing in on product reviews, tips and tricks, developer news, iPhone and iPod touch software, games, Steve Jobs, and much more. Interestingly, there's relatively little overlap with Apple Investor News, showing just how much information is out there for people interested in Apple.
Delete All Comments in Word in a Flash
You needn't clear comments in a Word document one by one. Instead, bring out the big guns to delete all of them at once:
1. Chose Tools > Keyboard Shortcuts.
2. Under Categories, select Tools.
3. Under Commands, select DeleteAllCommentsInDoc.
4. With the insertion point in the "Press new keyboard shortcut" field, press keys to create a keyboard shortcut. (I use Control-7)
5. Click the Assign button.
6. Click OK.
You can now press your keyboard shortcut to zap out the comments.
The steps above work in Word 2008; they likely work nearly as described in older versions of Word.
Published in TidBITS 924.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Various Firmware Updates
- Keyboard Maestro 3.0 Adds New Triggers and Actions
- Final Cut Now Ready to Serve
- TidBITS Podcast Now in iTunes Store
- Configure Mail to Prevent iCal Spam
- VMware Fusion Video Contest
- Take Control News: Find 200+ Tips in the Mac OS X Hints Superguide
- Dialectic Simplifies Dialing Any Type of Phone
- Reluctantly Switching from Eudora to Apple Mail
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 14-Apr-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/14-Apr-08