Frank Cioffi's MWV News Portals has raised the curtain on another news headline aggregation site, called Apple Enthusiast. Following in the footsteps of the company's Apple Investor News, Apple Enthusiast scours the RSS feeds of numerous Macintosh publications and sites, including TidBITS, to present headlines and links to original articles. What sets Apple Enthusiast apart from other aggregation sites is that it performs content analysis on articles and sorts them into categories, separating out Mac news from iPhone news, and homing in on product reviews, tips and tricks, developer news, iPhone and iPod touch software, games, Steve Jobs, and much more. Interestingly, there's relatively little overlap with Apple Investor News, showing just how much information is out there for people interested in Apple.
Increase Boom Volume Quickly
If you're using Boom to increase the volume on your Mac, you can change the amount to which Boom increases the volume quickly in two ways. Either use the slider available from Boom's menu bar icon, or enable and set hotkeys (Command-Shift-+ and Command-Shift-- by default). Then, when you need that push to 11, more volume is available at the click of the mouse or tap of the keyboard.
Visit Global Delight
Published in TidBITS 924.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Apple Releases Various Firmware Updates
- Keyboard Maestro 3.0 Adds New Triggers and Actions
- Final Cut Now Ready to Serve
- TidBITS Podcast Now in iTunes Store
- Configure Mail to Prevent iCal Spam
- VMware Fusion Video Contest
- Take Control News: Find 200+ Tips in the Mac OS X Hints Superguide
- Dialectic Simplifies Dialing Any Type of Phone
- Reluctantly Switching from Eudora to Apple Mail
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 14-Apr-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/14-Apr-08
Apple Enthusiast Offers New Take on News Aggregation
Check out the perks at <http://tidbits.com/member_benefits.html>
Special thanks to Ed Gurganus, B. Jefferson Le Blanc, Francis Sheehan,
and Michael Rosen for their generous support!