Congratulations to Paul Schumann of mac.com, Kelly Greenwood of juno.com, and Rachael Watson of hotmail.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of the $40 HoudahGeo photo geocoding software, as did Aleta Watson of cox.net, who referred Rachael to this DealBITS drawing. If you didn't win, don't fret, because you can save 20 percent on HoudahGeo; it's only $32 through 18-May-08 if you use coupon code "DEALBITS08" when ordering from Houdah Software. Thanks to the 480 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Copy Excel Selection as a Picture
Want to show someone a chunk of an Excel spreadsheet via email or iChat? You could take a screenshot, but if you want to show just a portion of the Excel window and you don't use a utility like Snapz Pro, you can do this right from within Excel 2008. Make a selection, hold down the Shift key, and choose Copy Picture from the Edit menu. You can select whether the selection will be rendered as though it was shown on screen or as though it was printed. Then just switch to your desired destination and paste.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of HoudahGeo (28 Apr 08)
Published in TidBITS 927.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Pulls Yahoo Acquisition Offer
- MozyHome for Mac Online Backup Service Reaches Version 1.0
- Apple TV Gains Movie Purchases and DVD Date Releases
- AT&T Adds iPhone Plan for Hearing, Speech Impaired
- Lovingly Craft Your HTML
- Thank You for Not Playing: Microsoft Expires DRMed Music
- ScreenFlow: Screencasting on Steroids
- Getting to Know the Nabaztag Internet Rabbit
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 05-May-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-May-08