Congratulations to Paul Schumann of mac.com, Kelly Greenwood of juno.com, and Rachael Watson of hotmail.com, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of the $40 HoudahGeo photo geocoding software, as did Aleta Watson of cox.net, who referred Rachael to this DealBITS drawing. If you didn't win, don't fret, because you can save 20 percent on HoudahGeo; it's only $32 through 18-May-08 if you use coupon code "DEALBITS08" when ordering from Houdah Software. Thanks to the 480 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Type Faster by Competing in Races
A fun way to improve your typing speed and accuracy is to join an online typing competition at typrX. This typing competition keeps track of your typing speed, while allowing you to compete against other people, either around the world in public races or with friends in private races. To set up a private race with your friends, follow these simple steps.
- Once you have a typrX account, click the Create Private Race button on the front page and you’ll be taken to the private race page.
- From there, copy the track code URL and send it to the friends you want to join the race.
- You can click the Delay Countdown button to add 10 seconds to the clock if you are waiting on your friend to join the race.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of HoudahGeo (28 Apr 08)
Published in TidBITS 927.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Pulls Yahoo Acquisition Offer
- MozyHome for Mac Online Backup Service Reaches Version 1.0
- Apple TV Gains Movie Purchases and DVD Date Releases
- AT&T Adds iPhone Plan for Hearing, Speech Impaired
- Lovingly Craft Your HTML
- Thank You for Not Playing: Microsoft Expires DRMed Music
- ScreenFlow: Screencasting on Steroids
- Getting to Know the Nabaztag Internet Rabbit
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 05-May-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/05-May-08