Congratulations to Gilles Brissette of mac.com, Fearghas McKay of st-kilda.org, and Patrick Skelly of earthlink.net, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of SmileOnMyMac's $49.95 PDFpen 4 PDF manipulation software. If you didn't win but wanted a copy of PDFpen, I hope you entered because entrants received a 20-percent discount on PDFpen. Thanks to the 955 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Spin Through Toolbar View Options
Although many people never change their toolbars from the default settings, all standard toolbars on the Mac offer six states: icon only, text only, and icon and text, with all three coming in normal and small size. You can change them by choosing View > Customize Toolbar.
But there's a shortcut that makes it easier to check out each variant. Simply Command-click the toolbar lozenge at the upper right of a window, and the toolbar switches to the next view. Click it enough times, and you cycle back to the start.
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of PDFpen 4 (13 Oct 08)
Published in TidBITS 950.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Office 2008 12.1.3 and 2004 11.5.2 Updates
- Adobe Creative Suite 4 Now Shipping
- Apple and Microsoft Snipe in Ad Campaigns
- T-Mobile's Google Phone Promising but Unpolished
- Redesigned 15-inch MacBook Pro Unleashed
- Updated MacBook Design Gets Metal and Glass
- New MacBook Air Adds Capacity and Graphics Performance
- New 24-inch Cinema Display Goes LED, Gets Hydra Cable
- Running the 2008 Mac Numbers with Tim Cook
- On the Way Out: FireWire and Matte Screens?
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 20-Oct-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/20-Oct-08