Congratulations to Gilles Brissette of mac.com, Fearghas McKay of st-kilda.org, and Patrick Skelly of earthlink.net, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of SmileOnMyMac's $49.95 PDFpen 4 PDF manipulation software. If you didn't win but wanted a copy of PDFpen, I hope you entered because entrants received a 20-percent discount on PDFpen. Thanks to the 955 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Arrange Icons on the iPhone/iPod touch Home Screens
Unhappy with the arrangement of your icons? You can move them around as follows: First, hold down on any Home screen icon until all the icons wiggle. Now, drag the icons to their desired locations (drag left or right to get to other screens). Finally, press the physical Home button on your device. (Unlike earlier releases, iPhone Software 2.1 doesn't move just-updated apps to the end of your Home screens, so your icons should be more stationary once you've installed the update.)
Remember that you can replace Apple's default icons in the four persistent spots at the bottom of the screen with your four most-used apps!
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of PDFpen 4 (13 Oct 08)
Published in TidBITS 950.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Office 2008 12.1.3 and 2004 11.5.2 Updates
- Adobe Creative Suite 4 Now Shipping
- Apple and Microsoft Snipe in Ad Campaigns
- T-Mobile's Google Phone Promising but Unpolished
- Redesigned 15-inch MacBook Pro Unleashed
- Updated MacBook Design Gets Metal and Glass
- New MacBook Air Adds Capacity and Graphics Performance
- New 24-inch Cinema Display Goes LED, Gets Hydra Cable
- Running the 2008 Mac Numbers with Tim Cook
- On the Way Out: FireWire and Matte Screens?
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 20-Oct-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/20-Oct-08