Congratulations to Gilles Brissette of mac.com, Fearghas McKay of st-kilda.org, and Patrick Skelly of earthlink.net, whose entries were chosen randomly in last week's DealBITS drawing and who received a copy of SmileOnMyMac's $49.95 PDFpen 4 PDF manipulation software. If you didn't win but wanted a copy of PDFpen, I hope you entered because entrants received a 20-percent discount on PDFpen. Thanks to the 955 people who entered this DealBITS drawing, and we hope you'll continue to participate in the future!
Use Expose to Open Files Quickly
Looking for an easy way to drag a file into a hidden application? First enter Expose's All Windows mode by hitting F9, then hover over an application's window while dragging your file, pause for a moment (or press the Space bar) and that window will spring to the foreground enabling you to open the file within that application.
Visit plucky tree
- DealBITS Drawing: Win a Copy of PDFpen 4 (13 Oct 08)
Published in TidBITS 950.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Microsoft Office 2008 12.1.3 and 2004 11.5.2 Updates
- Adobe Creative Suite 4 Now Shipping
- Apple and Microsoft Snipe in Ad Campaigns
- T-Mobile's Google Phone Promising but Unpolished
- Redesigned 15-inch MacBook Pro Unleashed
- Updated MacBook Design Gets Metal and Glass
- New MacBook Air Adds Capacity and Graphics Performance
- New 24-inch Cinema Display Goes LED, Gets Hydra Cable
- Running the 2008 Mac Numbers with Tim Cook
- On the Way Out: FireWire and Matte Screens?
- TidBITS Watchlist: Notable Software Updates for 20-Oct-08
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/20-Oct-08
DealBITS Winners for PDFpen 4
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and