Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Series: Web Confidential
Keep passwords, accounts, serial numbers & more safe from prying eyes
Article 1 of 2 in series
Back in TidBITS-279 in May of 1995, I wrote "PowerTalk to the Rescue?", an article about how we needed the PowerTalk Keychain to help with authenticated Web sitesShow full article
Article 2 of 2 in series
Web Confidential 1.2 Adds Contextual Menu Support -- Alco Blom has released version 1.2 of Web Confidential, his $35 shareware utility for securely storing confidential information using 448-bit encryption (see "Web Confidential: Securing Information of All Sorts" in TidBITS-441)Show full article