Leopard Compatibility List Updated
Rather than write oodles of short articles that mostly note that a new version of some utility adds compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, we’re going to take advantage of our new TidBITS Publishing System to create a list of important or interesting software that has been updated. (Our definition of “important or interesting” largely revolves around products that we’ve covered in the past or plan to cover in the future; there’s no way this can or should be a comprehensive list.) It’s important to note that this list also doesn’t include software that runs fine in Leopard without needing an update – don’t infer anything if a program isn’t included on the list.
We’ll add new items to the top of the list, blog-style, and we’ll tweak the modification date each time so those reading via RSS will be alerted when there are changes. We won’t be publishing this article in an email edition of TidBITS, since it will continue to grow over time. Eventually, of course, Leopard compatibility will no longer be interesting, and we’ll let the article remain static after that point. Until then, though, here’s what we know. For releases that are purely for Leopard compatibility, we won’t go beyond listing the name, version number, and link; for those releases that are more significant, we’ll toss in some notes as appropriate.
19-Dec-07 — It’s starting to be more difficult to find Leopard-specific updates, so we’ll probably continue this list only through the end of the year.
- GraphicConverter 6.0.3 from Lemkesoft
- The Missing Sync from Mark/Space: Updates now available; the company recommends not using previous versions with Leopard.
- Data Backup 3 from Prosoft Engineering
- Default Folder X 4 from St. Clair Software
- MaxMenus 1.5.1 and LiteSwitch 2.6 from Proteron
- Canto Cumulus 7.5.2 from Canto
- Smart Scroll X 2.7.5b2 from Marc Moini (for Cocoa applications only)
- Daylite 3.6 from Marketcircle
11-Dec-07 — The updates continue, albeit at a slower pace.
- PowerMail 5.6 from CTM Development
- Norton AntiVirus 11.0 for Macintosh from Symantec
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.3.1 from Adobe
- Captain FTP 5.2017 from Xnet Communications
- Smasher 1.6 from Insider Software
06-Dec-07 — We’ve been busy trying to finish things off by the end of the year, and lots of Mac developers apparently have the same idea.
- Yojimbo 1.5 from Bare Bones Software
- SubEthaEdit 3.0.2 from TheCodingMonkeys
- FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 and FileMaker Advanced 9.0v3 from FileMaker Inc.
- Perfection scanner drivers from Epson
- Logitech Control Center 2.4 from Logitech
- Rumpus 5.3.4 from Maxum Development
- PithHelmet 2.8.2 from Mike Solomon
- Summary 3.0.8 from Summary.Net
- Life Balance 4.0 from Llamagraphics
02-Dec-07 — With the first serious snow here in Ithaca, we have the first Leopard updates in December.
- TechTool Pro 4.6.1 from Micromat
- Coda 1.1 from Panic
- MPFreaker 1.7.2 from LairWare Software
30-Nov-07 — As November comes to a close, we’re nearing 100 Leopard-specific updates in the list. Keep ’em coming!
- iListen 1.8 from MacSpeech
- DEVONthink 1.3.4, DEVONagent 2.3, and DEVONnote 1.9.11 from DEVONtechnologies
- Suitcase Fusion 12.1.7 and Font Doctor 7.3.1 from Extensis
- Data Rescue II 1.2 from Prosoft Engineering
- Skype 220.127.116.11 from Skype
29-Nov-07 — Just when we think the Leopard compatibility releases might be slowing down, a bunch more appear.
- LaunchBar 4.3.3 from Objective Development
- ChronoSync 3.3.6 from Econ Technologies
- Docktopus 1.0.3 from Startly Technologies
- VueScan 8.4.48 from Hamrick Software
- Keyclick 1.1.9 from Sustainable Softworks
28-Nov-07 — Please do let us know if we’re missing anything important – there’s only so much hunting we can do.
- Typinator 2.1 from Ergonis
26-Nov-07 — Back in the saddle again after Thanksgiving!
- QuarkXPress 7.31 from Quark. The update also corrects capitalization errors, finds and corrects duplicate words, corrects spacing errors after punctuation, ignores URLs when checking spelling, and ignores words with numbers when checking spelling.
25-Nov-07 — Here are a few that we’ve missed along the way.
- SpamSieve 2.6.5 from C-Command Software
- Seasonality 1.5 from Gaucho Software
20-Nov-07 — Catching up after yesterday’s issue. We’ve moved a few items up from previous days if the changes are again related to Leopard compatibility.
- Nisus Writer Pro 1.0.2 and Nisus Writer Express 3.0.1 from Nisus Software
- Saft 10.0.2 from Hao Li
- Eudora Internet Mail Server 3.3.5 from Glenn Anderson
- Chax 2.0 from Kent Sutherland
- NoteBook 2.1 v262 from Circus Ponies
- RapidWeaver 3.6.5 from Realmac Software
16-Nov-07 — Apple hit us with a ton of updates yesterday, so we’ll point you at our coverage of those updates for the Leopard-specific stuff along with rounding up a crop of third-party updates.
- Mac OS X 10.5.1 from Apple
- iPhoto 7.1.1 from Apple
- Final Cut Studio 2 suite from Apple
- DiscLabel 5.0 from SmileOnMyMac
- PhoneValet 5.3.1 from Parliant Corporation
- Ovolab Phlink 3.6.1 from Ovolab
- DropDMG 2.8.2 from C-Command Software
- BBAutoComplete 1.5.1 from C-Command Software
- Reunion 9.06 from Leister Productions
14-Nov-07 — The updates continue to flow in, with the most notable release being Fetch 5.3.
- Fetch 5.3 from Fetch Softworks. This is a major release that offers full Leopard compatibility, a redesigned look-and-feel to integrate better with Leopard, support for moving files via copy and paste, and a host of other fixes and enhancements.
- REALbasic 2007 r5 from REAL Software
- Curio Professional 4.1 from Zengobi
- Path Finder 4.8.2 from Cocoatech
- Garage Sale 3.4.1 from iwascoding
- Lingon 2.0.2 from Peter Borg
- Netflix Freak 2.6.1 from The Little App Factory
13-Nov-07 — After a hiatus over the weekend and a busy Monday putting out the issue, we find…
- NovaMind Express, Pro, and Platinum 4.0.14 from NovaMind Software
09-Nov-07 — A quick check today reveals…
- iSync Phone Plugins 5.0 and FoneLink 1.2 from Nova Media
08-Nov-07 — Just a few new things today.
- Art Text 1.2.4, Live Interior 3D 1.4.1, and Mail Factory 2.5.4 from BeLight Software
- Keyboard Maestro 2.1.3 from Stairways Software
- TinkerTool 3.8 from Marcel Bresink Software-Systeme
- Butler 4.1.3 Transient from Peter Maurer
- CPU upgrades and more from Sonnet Technologies
07-Nov-07 — The updates continue apace, although a few of the ones listed below have been out for a few days and merely made it onto our radar today.
- PDFpen and PDFpen Pro 3.3.1 from SmileOnMyMac
- CrashPlan v10.27.2007 from Code 42 Software
- Sandvox 1.2.4 from Karelia Software
- Synchronize Pro X 5.1.3 from Qdea
- NoteTaker 2.0.0 and NoteShare 1.6.0 from AquaMinds
- TextSoap 5.7.1 from Unmarked Software
- Preferential Treatment 1.1.8 from Jonathan Nathan
06-Nov-07 — Things are settling down a bit with Leopard-specific updates, but be sure to let us know if we’re missing something that has been discussed in TidBITS.
- EMC Retrospect 6.1.138: Minor changes for Leopard, which include an important note that this version is needed for Intel-based Macs with Leopard installed when you handle a full system restore or duplication.
- FileMaker Pro 9.0v2 and FileMaker Pro 9.0v2 Advanced Updater from FileMaker Inc.
- VMware Fusion 1.1 Release Candidate from VMware
- QuickBooks Pro 2007 (latest software patch) from Intuit
- Teleport 1.0 from Abyssoft
- Quicky and nQuicky wireless drivers from QuickerTek
- DoorStop X 2.2 and Who’s There Firewall Advisor 2.2 from Open Door Networks
- GoodPage 1.3.1 from TARI
05-Nov-07 — Just one today, not because there weren’t others but because we were working on the TidBITS issue all day.
- Sound Studio 3.5.5 from Freeverse and Felt Tip Software
02-Nov-07 — Lots more updates today as we work our way back through our press release list.
- Snapz Pro X 2.1.2 and WireTap Studio 1.0.1 from Ambrosia Software: The Snapz Pro X update includes a variety of other minor fixes and enhancements. The WireTap Studio update adds an export drop zone for the iPhone, provides more granularity for the VU meters, and includes various other bug fixes and enhancements.
- Parallels Desktop build 5540 from Parallels
- Interarchy 8.5.4 from Nolobe
- PasswordWallet for Macintosh 4.2 from Selznick Scientific Software: Also enables you to export your passwords to your iPhone with the $10 PasswordWallet for iPhone (and iPod touch) add-on.
- 1Password 2.5 from Agile Web Solutions: A significant update that also adds a refined look-and-feel, a new Wallet feature for credit cards, the capability to export passwords to the iPhone, and more.
- DragThing 5.9.1 from TLA Systems: Also includes optional icon reflections, Leopard-related themes, display of EXIF photo data in previews, and the capability to insert and rearrange items by dragging.
- PopChar X 3.3 from Ergonis
- Phlink 3.6 and GeoPhoto 1.6 from Ovolab
- EyeTV 2.5.1 from Elgato: EyeTV 2.51. goes beyond Leopard compatibility to add specific support for Cover Flow, Quick Look, iChat, and Spaces.
- SOHO Organizer 6.5.2, SOHO Notes 6.5.2, SOHO Business Cards 2.5.1 from Chronos
- Simon 2.3 and Caboodle 1.1.2 from Dejal Systems
- Freeway 4.4 from Softpress: Also adds support for Quick Look.
- iDive 1.8.6 and PulpMotion 1.4.6 from Aquafadas
- Merlin 2.5b2 from ProjectWizards: Also includes supports for Quick Look.
- ConceptDraw Mindmap 5.2 from CS Odessa: Includes support for Quick Look and Cover Flow, and can export to iCal in Leopard only.
- iPresent It 2.0 from ZappTek
- Synk 6.3 from Decimus Software
01-Nov-07 — We’re mostly catching up with the entries so far.
- Timbuktu Pro 8.7 from Netopia: A $4.95 upgrade from previous 8.x releases to obtain Leopard compatibility. You need the serial number and the activation code to purchase the upgrade version.
- TextExpander 2.0.3, BrowseBack 1.4.1, and PhotoPrinto 2.1.1 from SmileOnMyMac
- Macaroni 2.1 from AtomicBird
- CSSEdit 2.6 from MacRabbit: Added Leopard compatibility and the capability to open CSS files whose names don’t end in “.css”, in addition to bug fixes.
- KeyCue 4.0 from Ergonis: Major release that also makes it possible to click the keyboard shortcuts revealed by the utility’s cheat sheet.
- Miro Public Preview 3
- Hazel 2.1 from Noodlesoft: Also includes several new actions for creating aliases and revealing files.
- Radioshift 1.0.3 and Fission 1.5.2 from Rogue Amoeba
- Audio Hijack Pro 2.8 Preview and Airfoil 2.1 Preview from Rogue Amoeba : The Instant Hijack component is not yet supported on Leopard.