Apple has released iOS 13.1.3, iPadOS 13.1.3, and macOS Catalina 10.15 Supplemental Update to address a wide range of bugs that have plagued the new operating systems. These are purely bug-fix releases without any new features or even CVE entries.
The iOS 13.1.3 update offers fixes for:
- iPhones not ringing or vibrating when receiving a call
- Not being able to open meeting invitations in Mail
- Incorrect information being displayed in the Health app after clocks adjust for daylight saving time
- Apps and Voice Memo recordings not downloading after restoring from an iCloud backup
- Apple Watches not pairing successfully or failing to receive notifications
- Bluetooth unexpectedly disconnecting on some vehicles
- Connection problems for Bluetooth headsets and hearing aids
- Launch performance problems with Game Center apps
You can get the update, which weighs in at 110 MB on an iPhone X, in Settings > General > Software Update, through iTunes in macOS prior to 10.15 Catalina, or in the Catalina Finder.
The iPadOS 13.1.3 update features a subset of the iOS 13.1.3 fixes:
- Meeting invitations should open in Mail more reliably
- Apps and Voice Memo recordings now download properly after restoring from an iCloud backup
- Improved Bluetooth headset and hearing aid reliability
- Faster launch performance for Game Center apps
You can get the update, which is a 73.9 MB download on a 10.5-inch iPad Pro, in Settings > General > Software Update, through iTunes in macOS prior to 10.15 Catalina, or in the Catalina Finder.
macOS Catalina Supplemental Update
The macOS Catalina Supplemental Update also addresses a handful of notable problems. It provides:
- Improved installation reliability when installing Catalina on a Mac with low disk space
- A fix for an issue that prevented Setup Assistant from completing—quite a few people ran into this bug
- A fix for an iCloud bug that prevented you from accepting the Terms and Conditions when multiple accounts were logged in
- Enhanced reliability of saving Game Center data when playing Apple Arcade games offline.
You can install the 985.4 MB update from System Preferences > Software Update. If you’re still running 10.14 Mojave or an earlier version, we’re standing by our recommendation that you hold off upgrading to Catalina for now.