Cyberdog Beta Available for Power Macs -- Last week, Apple released the first beta version of Cyberdog, its long-awaited OpenDoc-based Internet technology. Cyberdog b1 requires a Power Mac, OpenDoc 1.0, System 7.5.1 or later, Internet Config 1.2, and (of course) a TCP/IP connection to the Internet. Because Cyberdog uses OpenDoc, you realistically need at least 16 MB of RAM to run it. Although initial reports that I've seen have varied, the general impression of the beta seems to be positive, and it's an excellent demonstration of OpenDoc's potential. The beta release is about 5 MB to download, not including OpenDoc. [GD]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard