RAM Doubler 1.6.1 Update -- Late last month, Connectix released an updater to version 1.6.1 of RAM Doubler. This update addresses a freeze during boot on some configurations using SCSI Manager 4.3.1, and is compatible with ALSoft DiskExpressII 2.20 and the PowerBook 190. Like previous RAM Doubler patches, this updater brings both the version of RAM Doubler currently installed and your master disk to the current verison; see the ReadMe file for instructions and additional information. [GD]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree