This piece in the New York Times resonated, since we always schedule staff calls (which mostly take place via Skype) ahead of time, and even off-the-cuff calls are confirmed first via iChat. Phone calls out of the blue are usually pre-announced by caller ID, and most of those that aren’t tend to be from telemarketers. We approve — phone calls should request your attention and respect your schedule, not demand that you drop everything for an unknown reason. follow link
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- ExtraBITS for 28 March 2011 (28 Mar 11)
Is the Phone Call Going Away?