Econ Technologies has released ChronoSync 4.2 and ChronoAgent 1.2. Among the new features in these versions of the synchronization/backup software are new Trial Sync options, including additional file statistics, time estimates, and options for controlling and comparing files on both sides of the sync. Also, Econ Technologies enhanced scheduling options with Retry on Errors, which runs a sync again if errors occurred, and Sync Limits, which limits the number of syncs that can take place simultaneously to prevent too many from happening when a Mac rejoins a network. ChronoAgent also adds the capability to schedule ChronoSync Container Documents using the Sync When Available option. Full release notes for ChronoSync and ChronoAgent are available. ($40 new for ChronoSync, $10 new for ChronoAgent; free updates; 21 MB, 3.2 MB)
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software