Econ Technologies has released ChronoSync 4.2 and ChronoAgent 1.2. Among the new features in these versions of the synchronization/backup software are new Trial Sync options, including additional file statistics, time estimates, and options for controlling and comparing files on both sides of the sync. Also, Econ Technologies enhanced scheduling options with Retry on Errors, which runs a sync again if errors occurred, and Sync Limits, which limits the number of syncs that can take place simultaneously to prevent too many from happening when a Mac rejoins a network. ChronoAgent also adds the capability to schedule ChronoSync Container Documents using the Sync When Available option. Full release notes for ChronoSync and ChronoAgent are available. ($40 new for ChronoSync, $10 new for ChronoAgent; free updates; 21 MB, 3.2 MB)
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.