Thunderbolt has been largely theoretical so far, but with the first peripherals lining up for release in the near future, this Ars Technica article is a particularly interesting read. It claims that, at least at first, Thunderbolt peripherals won’t ship with the necessary cables, and users will have to buy Thunderbolt cables from Apple for $49 for a 2 meter cable. At some point, other manufacturers will undoubtedly start manufacturing Thunderbolt cables, which will likely drive the price down, but it’s unclear how long that will take. follow link
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
Initial Thunderbolt Cables to Cost $49 from Apple