Lemkesoft has released GraphicConverter X 7.3, an update to its venerable graphic conversion software. According to the release notes, the new version includes a number of bug fixes and improvements to existing import modules and CoreImage filters, in addition to support for HTC splash screens and AAI/Dune files, plus email support for Outlook 2011. The update also provides compatibility with Mac OS X Lion, making it a must-download for those planning to upgrade to Lion soon. ($38.99 new from Lemkesoft’s Web site or the Mac App Store, free update, 100 MB)
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
GraphicConverter X 7.3
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>